Call for Abstract Submissions
The conference organizers encourage submission of abstracts relevant to addictive problems and related mental health issues in Africa and the Middle East. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE SUBMISSION,
The abstract submission is currently open.
Submit your abstract here.
Please see abstract example here.
Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts
Submissions must be received electronically and no later than 11:59 P.M. (GMT) on Friday, August 31, 2014, to be considered for inclusion in the program. Please review the submission instructions carefully.
Plenary lectures, oral, and poster sessions
Researchers, clinicians, and health policy makers in multiple medical and mental health fields including physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and addiction counselors are invited to attend.
- Abstract must be related to one or more of the following theme:
- Addictive behaviors (e.g., tobacco, marijuana, khat, amphetamine, heroin, gambling, etc.)
- Epidemiology of addictive and related psychiatric disorders
- Diagnoses and assessment issues for addiction and related psychiatric disorders
- Treatment approach to addiction and related mental health problems
- Community and population research in addiction and related mental health problems
- Neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
- Health care policy related to addiction prevention and treatment
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English
- Accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- By submitting your abstract, you will give us your permission to print your abstract, put it in the conference program and on the website.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by members from the scientific committee to assess quality, relevance, and appropriateness for the conference
- Deadline for abstract submission August 31, 2014
- Notifications regarding abstract acceptance/rejection will be sent to abstract submitters by September 15, 2014
- Following acceptance, scheduling information will be sent to the abstract submitter
Instructions for submission
Guidelines for Submission:
Please include the following in the submitted abstract:
o Presenting author's contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
o Author and co-authors' details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Abstract text – limited to 300 words
Abstracts should use the following structured format
Abstracts should be submitted as an attached word document sent to email@example.com
For questions on symposia, workshops and training courses please contact the organizers directly on firstname.lastname@example.org