Jimma-Minnesota International Symposium on Mental Health and Substance Use
Jimma, Ethiopia, February 17-19, 2014
“Confronting The Challenge of Mental Health and Substance Use Problems in Africa”
Deadline of Abstracts Submission
Submissions must be received electronically and no later than 11:59 P.M. (GMT), December 27, 2013, to be considered for inclusion in the program.
Keynote presentations and research papers presented within thematically focused symposia
Researchers, clinicians, and health policy makers in multiple medical and mental health fields including physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, behavioral scientist, social workers, nurses, public health, epidemiologist, and sociologist are invited to attend.
Abstracts should be related to mental health, substance use and khat research and would later be clustered into one of the following themes:
- Mental health and substance use in Africa: Patterns and trends
- The epidemiology of mental health in Ethiopia: Patterns and trends
- Pharmacological and cognitive neuroscience of substance use
- Mental health and substance abuse problems related to khat
- Mental health, pregnancy and child health
- Khat/Substance use and pregnancy
- Strategies and policies focusing on prevention and intervention effort
Instructions for submission
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English.
- Abstracts should be submitted as an attachment word documents sent to email@example.com
- Abstracts will be reviewed by members from the scientific committee to assess quality, relevance, and appropriateness for the conference.
- Notifications regarding abstract acceptance/rejection will be sent to abstract submitters by January 15, 2014.
- Following acceptance, scheduling information will be sent to the abstract submitter.
Abstracts should use the following structured format
Abstract text – limited to 300 words
Guidelines for Submission
Please include the following in the submitted abstract:
o Presenting author's contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
o Author and co-authors' details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country