Jimma-Minnesota International Symposium on Mental Health and Substance Use
Jimma, Ethiopia, February 17-19, 2014
“Confronting the Challenge of Mental Health and Substance Use Problems in Africa"
Hotel & Travel
HOTEL AND TRAVEL
Attendees are encouraged to make their travel arrangement and room reservation as soon as possible. Please inquire with the hotels about other special rates they may have. If you face network connection problems and or have additional enquiry about facilitation of hotel accommodation please send e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of hotels close to the conference location
1. Central Jimma Hotel
Central Jimma Hotel is found next to the main bus station and a short taxi ride from the University. Single rooms cost $20, suit room cost $45, mini suit costs $25 dollar per night and double rooms cost $30 a night. The room is spacious 33m²/355sq ft. with a balcony offering a free swimming facility (without charge). The bright and airy room, decorated with original artwork, has a desk. Special touches may include daily newspaper, mineral water, chocolates, flowers and fruit.
- Rooms with baths and showers.
- Most of the rooms are with balconies.
- Self contained suit rooms equipped with refrigerator, DSTV satellite, and wireless internet access
- All rooms have Satellite TV channels and wireless internet access.
- All rooms are with a commanding view of the hotel’s spacious, swimming pool and landscaped garden
Website: http://www.centraljimmahotel.com/ Telephone: +251-471-11-82-82
2. Honey land Hotel, Jimma
Honey Land Hotel, found in front of Jimma University main campus. It is a short taxi ride from the main bus station and Jimma airport. Suit room =50$, mini suit = 35$ twin/double bed costs 35$ a night Single rooms cost = 25$. All rooms have Satellite TV channels and wireless internet access
For more: E mail to: email@example.com
Telephone: +251-471-11-15-15 or +251- 471-11-83 83
3. SYF Hotel
SYF Hotel is located in the center of Jimma town near to the bus station, making it ideal destination for business and leisure travelers. SYF Hotel offers the perfect combination of Bar and Restaurant, bedrooms, Meeting halls. The main building has 34 rooms every room having its own terrace. Each room has TV, movies-on-demand and high speed broadband internet connection. Single rooms cost $25 a night and double rooms $50 a night.
Phone : +251- 471-120440
Website : www.syfhoteljimma.com
Private workshop bus
a private bus has been arranged for symposium participants from Addis Ababa to Jimma. It will depart on early morning. Journey time is around 6 hours.
1. SELAM BUS leaves daily at 6am from Addis to Jimma from MesKel Square, 3km from Bole International Airport and 200 meter from Ghion Hotel. Tickets must be bought one day prior to the date of travel from their office around Meskel Square. There is no online booking. The cost is $10 one-way. Telephone head office: +251-11-554 8800/01 or Mobile: +251-911-40 3977/78
2. SKY BUS leaves daily at 1:00 PM from Addis to Jimma from Meskel Square. Booking and buying tickets should be done one day prior to the date of travel. Tickets must be bought one day prior to the date of travel from their office in Tayetu Hotel, Piyassa Road. There is no online booking. The cost is $12 one-way. Ticket office Phone Number - +251-11-156 80 80 or Office Telephone: +251-11-466 33 34
Ethiopian Airline flies from Addis to Jimma and Jimma to Addis once a day on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Online booking is possible through Ethiopian Airlines website. Jimma airport is a short distance from Jimma University. Taxis to the recommended hotels or the University campus will cost $2.
For further contact us:
Mulusew Gerbaba, Jimma University
E mail: Mulusew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Motohiro Nakajima, University of Minnesota Medical School
E mail: email@example.com